Venice

Venice.
  • Thick fog. No vaporettos to Murano available. I took a long walk around the Ghetto instead. And then had lunch at Ostaria Nova, in which I also had lunch in December 2002. Not a bad place. This time I has antipasto di Ca'Oro (or something, fish and squid), toast with baccala and deep fried squid. And wine and grappa etc.
  • I took Eurostar, 1st class back to Milan. But some sad person threw himself under the train and we were 2 hours late. So, I arrived at airport after the plane to Copenhagen should have left. But the plane was 2 hours late too. So, in the end I arrived in Helsinki at 2.45am.
  • The police mistook me as a terrorist and checked my passport when I left my bag in the luggage storage room. Or then they mistook me for Santa Claus
  • I did not see any new churches etc in Venice. I just took it easy, ate the dished I had dreamt of all the year and just enjoyed the city without cars. I think that I may move to Venice after China.


Alun perin julkaistu koosteessa "Diaries 2003 Q1".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki