Back at office at 8.30!

  • Back at office at 8.30!
  • Hacking this and that the whole day. Check e.g MattisScratchArea.
  • We (PetriJappila, HannuLeskinen and me) had lunch at the vegetarian restaurant nearby. Excellent. I used to be vegetarian 6 years (1989-1995). I never had as good food back then as I had today. Nowadays I do not eat mammals or birds. I do eat fish, frog, snakes, snails etc.
  • I think that I will be alone in Hangzhou SIG in Commons Place this evening.
  • SE work for A43 is gaining speed in Helsinki. They has send quite many inspection invitations or similar during our holiday.
  • I bought 3 CDs in the morning: Dylan's Diamond Dods, some collection by Red Hot Chile Peppers and a live recording by Linkin Park. I will buy more in the evening, if I can find any. I have more than 200 CDs and some 200 LPs.
  • I read schizophrenia is equally common in all cultures. Does this mean that schizophrenia is in the genes (since culture does not make any difference) Or are all culture so similar, that some persons develope schizophrenia due to normal human traumas. Maybe I should read more. In general, it is quite interesting to think about the reasons for mental sicknesses. Not that I feel like catching one...
  • Weekend!
  • When the going gets tough, the tough get going (and the rest flee): "China's corruption crisis has been laid bare with the disclosure that more than 1,200 Communist Party members committed suicide and more than 8,000 fled abroad in the first half of last year. Another 6,500 - mainly government officials or senior cadres - were listed as missing. President Hu Jintao has said China will pursue fugitives abroad, according to Wen Wei Po, a pro-Beijing daily newspaper published in Hong Kong."
  • The bird-flu is spreading but only amoung birds. First (doomsday) estimates about possible human fatalities are coming. Too scary!
  • There have been just too many food related problems in the last years. I think that we should start thinking of quitting to eat me. It would also save some resources. I just read yesterday that China will have to import more and more food in the future, because more and more plants will be fed to animals. What a waste.


Alun perin julkaistu koosteessa "Diaries 2003 Q1".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki