Motto of the day: "Honesty and openness lead to victory" It was…
- Motto of the day: "Honesty and openness lead to victory"
- It was again raining and I had to take the bus. No taxis around. This time the it took only 45 minutes and then 10 minutes walking in rain.
- 10-12.30 IIP with the boss.
- My performance evaluation is: almost on target but some development needed (4.3 in scale on 0-10, 5 on target).
- this despite of that I fulfilled my STIP (personal targets) very well.
- However, my workmates rated my performance in the same scale to be about 8. So there is a contradiction.
- the contradiction is to do with my behaviour, which has not been too pleasing towards management. I admit that I should be more polite and not so straight and also try to look things from many point of view. I am working on this. And maybe I could keep my motivation more constant (maybe it is better to have average motivation all the time than high sometimes and low the other times). Even better would be not to let motivation affect the work, but this I find a bit hard to do, at least in any work, which requires creativity.
- also, I think that it would not hurt/do any harm, if the persons, who notice that my motivation is low, would come to me and notify me and that we could together discuss what is the reason for low motivation and what we could do at it. I find it a bit unfair and unproductive and late (almost only) to discuss this in performance evaluation in the end of the year. If we would take these issues up earlier, maybe the motivation would get better and so would also the results. It may be that I have not seem to be too receptive to such a feedback, but even then giving it and discussion would do good for all of us and for the compary too. I may be a difficult person to manage, but I still think it would be worth trying since sometimes I am and have been able to quite good architectural desing and also some other things in my 6 years in Nokia.
- Note that it does not only matter what you do/achieve, but HOW you do/achieve it! Remember this and you will get far in Nokia! I will try too keep this in mind and unflip my bozo-bits!
- anyway, it feels nice that workmates appreciate my work. Thanks!
- the contradiction is to do with my behaviour, which has not been too pleasing towards management. I admit that I should be more polite and not so straight and also try to look things from many point of view. I am working on this. And maybe I could keep my motivation more constant (maybe it is better to have average motivation all the time than high sometimes and low the other times). Even better would be not to let motivation affect the work, but this I find a bit hard to do, at least in any work, which requires creativity.
- anyway, the IIP was quite nice happening. I have now declared peace towards anyone. I feel so good in this peace! I have found the old Matti who I was back in 1990s and now I feel so free, happy and full of energy. No problem is too hard for me, no situation able to make me unnecessarily angry.
- My performance evaluation is: almost on target but some development needed (4.3 in scale on 0-10, 5 on target).
- 12-15 Thinking about the IIP and trying to find ways to improve my performance since I want to be exceptional this year! I was in 2001 and in 2002 I was on target. I must get better!
- We (me and Sirkku) had dinner in the Japanese restaurant in Holiday Inn restaurant. "All you can eat and drink" cost 138RMB/person. The food was not remarkable, but sake and beer were good plenty. Almost too plenty, we got a bit drunk. No problem with that, though.
Alun perin julkaistu koosteessa "Diaries 2003 Q1".
Kommentit