Motto of the day: "When I'm good, I'm really good

  • Motto of the day: "When I'm good, I'm really good. When I'm bad, I'm better." Mae West/Sirkku Ikonen
  • Quite quiet day. I woke up at 11.30 am and went directly for lunch in "orange crab restaurant"
    • eggplants, potatoes (du dou si, but fried too), strange soup of fish, tofu, sausages etc and beer. One only.
  • I have passion for newspapers and took bus to Yanan Lu. But Radisson only had Tueday's South China Morning Post. Yesterday I bougth Tuesday's Herard Tribune in WTC. Strange that they do not get the newspapers faster from Hong Kong. Well, even old newspaper is better than none. No specific news, some strange discussion whether HK can have some election according to Basic Law in 2007 or only after 2030. I did not quite get it.
  • Avian flu has now spread to Thailand and Cambodia. Let see when it comes to China. I hope never. Last spring SARS spoiled travelling.
  • I tried to go and check the pagoda near Diamond resort, but the guards prevented me. Strange, they behaved as if D Resort owned the park. Maybe it does
  • Some 3 hours sleep and again to the restaurant. We tried to get into Grandma's, but they said "mei you". I understand that much Chinese and so we left. Most of the restaurant are still close, but we managed to find a place where we got best fish for many weeks. They had first deepfried the fish, then put in a folio with tomatoe-chile sauce and heated it over fire. Very good. And some eggplants and potatoes. Beer, just one. 40 RMB. Not bad!
  • I bought 4 CDs: Thinktank, Suede, Smashing Pumpkins, and Sheryl Crow. All are quite good. Yesterday we bought some 10 DVDs. This is mad.
  • I have managed not to think of Nokia today.
  • The weather has not changed. It is still quite cold and sun is shining.
  • I started to read two books: history of economics and "Mountains of the mind". Both seems to be good. But I have not had too much time today for them. Tiredness is too deep. Muscles are aching, which is perplexing.
  • No plans for tomorrow. I may start writing certain things. This diary is an exercise to keep English fluent and brains warm. I regret that I did not start this when I came to China.
  • Link of the day: turbokart!


Alun perin julkaistu koosteessa "Diaries 2003 Q1".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki