A bit hard to wake after 4.5 hour sleep
- A bit hard to wake after 4.5 hour sleep. But I am so ful of energy and ideas!
- I took taxi to work office and read Feyerabend the whole time. He is so fascinating. Also his ideas are fascinating. I have found my old love in philosophy of science again.
- It is getting warm.
- 9-10 Meeting witn MaunuHolma and YanDezheng ()
- 10-12 Meeting on PipingTask (HzSeMinutes2004x02x20xPiping), I as secretary (as usual)
- 10.30 I wrote a note on architecture and documentation and processes: MattiOnDocumentsProcesses.
- It is so fun to create concepts, discuss about technical problems, read emails, write notes and diaries and draw on the white board simultaneously. Then I really feel like doing something. Just sitting in a meeting without doing several things at the same time is torture, and should be prohibited by UN. Even mandatory requirement to sit, not stand and walk during meetings is torture and also against human nature and also decreases our creativity.
- 12-13 Discussions on quality with BasVodde and lunch. It seems that the habit of accepting substandard quality is widespread in NET. I think that we should not tolerate that. We should strive for high quality. First thing would be not do planning in Powerpoint, or at least not decisions solely on substandard slideset. We also should make sure that each member of any inspection (both technical and managerial) use enough time for reading the document.
- 13-14 HzSeMinutes2004x02x20xDimensioningPerfModel . Lack of sleep is catching me.
- 14-15 Working on emails, diaries, and discussiong with HongqiangHuang on RsmuTask and also robbing the bank.
- 15-17 HzSeMinutes2004x02x20xDocumentationByHassinen . These minutes are mostly nonsense since I am too tired. I feel drunk even I have just drunk tea. Strange.
- No replies to my MattiOnCommunication. But I do not expect them too much. My proposals are so long - most persons do not have time and energy to read them, I am afraid.
- terrible day not that things would be so difficult, but there rather many of them. We must delegate.
- Evening: Arvo Brune (u with umlaut) brought the painting I bought from him last Sunday. It is so impressive.
- We had dinner in "snake restaurant": new dishes (different types of squid, rice and of course some beer). After that I watched the 2nd part of the "A bridge too far", which was informative but not so good. Then I read some Feyerabend and Economist and something else and passed out. Not sleeping, working too much, having a few beers and eating chili-food makes one feel so blissful. I recommend this way of living to everyone.
Alun perin julkaistu koosteessa "Diaries 2003 Q1".
Kommentit