Good news: A42 start-up improvements (by TapioPehkonen,…
- Good news: A42 start-up improvements (by TapioPehkonen, TeroVenetjoki and me) are a success. We decrease the start-up time by 50%. Almost no Prontos. Great. Best possible feedback I can get.
- But it was hard. First I wrote an A-Pronto stating that "ATM-messaging is not suitable for distributed systems" and proposed two alternatives: replacing ATM or writing the start-up SW from anew. Of course, the managers did not believe me, they though that they know better or at least that they should get the credit. So, they started a project, which took 5 months and ended up in with the same conclusion. Or not quite: it ended up with at leat 30 proposal. Then I and Tero dictated what to do and together with Tapio did it. The manager got fired! That's what happens when you try to outsmart me!
- I do not recommed trying to outsmart me! Not for anyone ...
Alun perin julkaistu koosteessa "Diaries 2003 Q1".
Kommentit