Really lazy day

  • Really lazy day. I just stayed at home and in then neigbourhood doing next to nothing. I did, however, write a letter to the editor of HS pointing out that the ex-prime minister of Finland, Anneli Jäätteenmäki, is trying to avoid the responsibilities all politicians have. Let us see whether they publish my note. I was a bit not-that-serious. Usually they publish my rantings.
  • We had dinner in some restaurant-cum-clothesshop neat our place. The food was not impressive. It was trying to be Western. All Western food in China has been a disappointment so far, but we still continue trying. Not that clever.
  • We bought some books: a picture book book about the Korean War, one book about SW architecture etc. Bookshops are getting better.
  • Sirkku pointed out that it was she (her , I lost my grammar...) who started my current interest in Feyerabend and Feynmann. Now I have written that too. All credits to Sirkku, who is professional philosopher. I only have Master of Arts from theoretical philosophy, which is not that impressive achievement after all - but it has not prevented me from working in Nokia. Does this tell more about me, my educational background or Nokia. Send your answers to me.
  • On Saturday we had summer here - 24C. Today the max temp has been just 10C. I liked yesterday more.
  • I should train for the coming exam, but I dislike training. I must still. Maybe some training today and them more tomorrow.
  • I miss Shanghai. Hangzhou feels too small sometimes. And I miss European metropolises: Paris, Berlin, London, Barcelona, even Budapest and Prague (especially the pub "U zlatony tigra" or something similar where I tend to spend my time when I am in Prague). Maybe I will change my career to travel writer...
  • About careers: should one choose one when one is young and then stick to it for the rest of life Or would it be better to have several careers, each of them lasting less than 10 years Would 7 years be suitable time Having several would be more fun, I assume, but maybe one would not become so well-off moneywise. But who really cares about money - it is so vulgar and it seems to be too easy to make enough money to survive without too many financial worries Having just one career (by decision, not by passion) can well lead to losing some important values. I think several careers is better. So, let us see what happens! But is it necesssary to change the whole field of working or is it enough to change btw companies or even withing company from one product family to another. Who can decide Again, if you know the answer, send them to me!
  • If you can read Finnish, check the diary of my friend at the Univerity of Turku.


Alun perin julkaistu koosteessa "Diaries 2003 Q1".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki