Still hacking too late in the evening

  • Still hacking too late in the evening.
  • Working, some. See the HzSeDiary2004 . Some meetings.
  • Lunch with BasVodde (fried rice, spring rolls) and lots of furious discussion about the fact that the mediocre way of working is spreading. Or at least I see that happening.
  • Meetings also in the afternoon.
  • I received a few books from Amazon: "Good hotel guide to continental Europe", "Devil's disctionary", "Forces of habit" (a study on the history of drugs) and "Fortune favours the bold" ( about globalisation). Now I need to find time to read them.
  • Quite unproductive day. Some interesting mail-discussion about the future and also on some technical issues like RSMU performance and DIMUTI in A43.
  • I cycled back home. THe new bike is really fun to ride - it has some rudimentary suspension too. Many Chinese find it amusing that a tall lao wai rides this kind of ancient bike. They pat me on shoulder, which I find quite nice.
  • Sirkku made some simple dinner. After dinner I read Economist and some parts of the "Good hotel guide". I think we will have holiday in Greece soon.


Alun perin julkaistu koosteessa "Diaries 2003 Q1".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki