Again by taxi

  • Again by taxi. I am too lazy. Weather has not changed: 8C, overcast.
  • 10-12 Piping meeting: HzSeMinutes2004x03x23xPipingMeeting.
  • HSDPA is taking speed. Some 15 emails last night. Now, someone should a document about it. Starting from requirements, business case, current IPA/RNC architecture. Then proposing some alternatives and comparing them. Yes, I know SinikkaSarkkinen has written this kind of document, but at least I cannot parse her document. I may be just not clever enough, but anyway.
  • Lunch with PetriJappila in ChinChin vege place. We ordered too much. Last time we ordered too little. We are using binary search to find the right amount of food - but are we always having the same amount of hunger Is this possible
  • 13-14 HzSeMinutes2004x03x23xReplanningWithChenGuodong. Strange: no changes in PQII traffic unit document due to PipingTask. We have done great work here!
  • Travel plan quite ready (thanks to ChenGuodong and YanDezheng). I sent it to JariSimolin and MarkoAntikainen for comments and approval. Let's see how much ado it creates.
  • Electricity blackout are getting more and more frequent. Not good. China should buy large scale Wartsila engines and build new powerplants. Or start insulating their houses. Or start using solar energy.
  • 14-17 Discussions, discussions, e.g., on HSDPA. There seem to be some new alternatives in the design. It may turn out that the 2APC-MXU and new SFU are not necessary after all (but a new NIS would be). This is exciting. Not having to develop new MXU and SFU would certainly make A43 integrations considerably easier and faster - we would save at least 6 months. Let's see.
  • I need to find a TOEFL-test center. Send information to me if you have any.
  • The Israelis murdered the leader of Hamas. I consider it both a serious crime and act of superior stupidity. It is telling that almost all countries except USA condemned the murder. So, according to USA, it is kind of OK to murder people. Well, of course - capital punishment is the order of the day in Texas - lynch all dissidents!
  • The latest Economist contains good survey about the Chinese economy. I dare not to copy it, but I may forget it on my desk...


Alun perin julkaistu koosteessa "Diaries 2003 Q1".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki