HSDPA workshop
- 9-12 HSDPA workshop. Interesting and good explanations. This is the way to work.
- 12-13 Finally a lunch with BasVodde. Rather lively discussion on the need to write documents.
- 13-14.30 Emails about the future. Also discussions etc.
- later flying to Beijing. More about that later.
- I sent an email a while ago about a task T. I said that a) the persons doing the task do not have the necessary skills and knowledge and thus we cannot expect to get a correct solution, and b) that the current documentation is of so low quality that it cannot serve as basis for decisions. Now, I got complaint everywhere that I am unconstructive. I think I am the contrary. I think it is very constructive productive for the product and the company that I point out that the necessary people are not working on the task T and that the quality is not good enoug. I think not to say this would be extremely unproductive and unconstructive just let things go as they are going. Actually, I think it is everyone duty to keep an eye on who is doing what and on the quality. I am a bit depressed by this all. I think we would really need this coreteam of architects, which would then take the technical leadership. This way we would save at least 40% of the calendar time. But it may of course be that there is no need to be faster or more cost-efficient. Who know After all, even Bill Gates is giving his money away. Maybe the owners of Nokia are even more clever - they do not even want to earn the money - so there is no need to bother giving it away...
Alun perin julkaistu koosteessa "Diaries 2003 Q1".
Kommentit