I am getting careless: I needed to wake up at 6am to catch the…

  • I am getting careless: I needed to wake up at 6am to catch the plane to HongKong, but I had not set the alarm clock on! For some reason I woke up 5.59 am and managed to get to the airport in time. The taxi cost 100, with meter I would have cost 85. I was too tired to argue.
  • The flight was OK. Some arrogant lao wai tried to use his phone during take-off, but I busted him. I am a legalist as you know, when it suits me.
  • HongKong is just as fascinating as last time. I had lunch in vegetarian Indian restaurant (break, malai kofta and biriyani, all as they should). Then I decided to do some sightseeing and took the Star Ferry to HongKong island and back. It was fun, the weather was nice and the ferry rolled nicely over the waves.
  • Then it was time to practice a little for the GMAT on Monday. All exercises went well. I just have to take it easy on Monday.
  • For dinner some vegetarian spring rolls and spici seafood fried rice in "Vietname and Thai spice village" opposite to my hotel, which is Guangdong Hotel. The hotel is OK, nothing special, but quiet, in the right neighbourhood in Kowloon, my favourite place. I had a short walk just to see some new streets. All of them were full of people, neon light and noise. I like it.
  • My brother will arrive in Shanghai on 18.4 and some friends on 25.4. They will leave on 9.5, when also I intend to leave for Finland.
  • I enjoy so much travelling, staying in different cities. I must take care that I can continue travelling in the future too.


Alun perin julkaistu koosteessa "Diaries 2003 Q1".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki