Rainy day and not too hot either
- Rainy day and not too hot either. I decided not to have a walk in the morning. Instead, I took a taxi to the office (actually, the first taxi did not know QingChun Lu at all. So, I had to take another. Strange ignorance.
- I managed to finish the application. I think it is quite a good one. I should get into the interview at least. Do I deserve a beer now I think I do. Some attachments are missing. TOO BAD. They were at home. Luckily. My heap-archive system never fails.
- We had a few beers and excellent Sichuan food in Baochuo-lu (the restaurant which is always full, with yellow outer wall). We means I, Sirkku and Heikki. Especially the chili-musroom pot was excellent.
- afterwards, some whisky (John Walker Gold-label) at Heikki's. I also smoked one pipe tobacco-cigarette.
- The other application is then next.
- The third application comes then in summer.
- do not ask where I apply to. It is still secret.
- I had fried rice lunch, as I do too often. Then I had a gallon of instant coffee. It will kill me after some years. Drugs today: coffee, alcohol. I have some Cuban cigars, but I save them for the time my dear brother arrives. Then we will smoke them and talk so much nonsense that it will be quite increadibly fun! Still one month to go.
- BTW, my annual or other leaves are as follows
- A-Leave 1.-2.4
- A-Leave 28.4.-30.4.
- A-Leave 1.5-7.5.
- B-leave in Finland 9.5.-23.5. (not confirmed, but likely):
- Leave 31.5.-18.6
- Leaving China 30.6.2004
- in practice this means that my effective contribution in HZ office will end on 27.4.2004
- Consider this! It so sad that I have to leave this nice country so soon. And where will I get good Chinese food in Finland Nowhere! TOO BAD. I am considering expatriating to Singapore, Hongkong, or Shanghai next.
- Anyway: I have never had so many alternative opportunities as I have now. Not too bad, I would say. Is it really so that life always gets better How good will it be when I am 65 or something. At least, I will have read a few 1000s books by that time.
Alun perin julkaistu koosteessa "Diaries 2003 Q1".
Kommentit