We set off at 8 am for CiXi
- We set off at 8 am for CiXi. There is the place to buy Chinese furniture. Buying furniture is terrible, there are just too many from which to choose.
- We managed to buy some small items (a closet, a bench, some night-tables etc), after which I was ready to have a cup or two of ShaoXing-wine. I turned out that I had four of them, which made me quite a happy camper.
- We stayed for two hours in the pub/restaurant at Lu Xun-library. The food there is not so good, but the warm wine is excellent - actually it is for sure the best warm wine in the world.
- There were some groups of Chinese and I "gam bei"ed with them. Sirkku filmed the happening. The videos are rather funny (or just sad examples of drunken hilariousness ). Anyway, I find it nice to be among the Chinese. Everyone is so happy and friendly. I will miss the Chinese a lot back in Finland. Maybe I have to travel to China every now and then (just make sure that Nokia pays the flights)
- We (I, Sirkku, Heikki and Tuula (Maunu left earlier)) had late dinner at the crab-restaurant. The flat, salty fisd they serve is one of the fish-dished I have tasted.
Alun perin julkaistu koosteessa "Diaries 2003 Q1".
Kommentit