I could not get good sleep during the night
- I could not get good sleep during the night. There was a disco across the hotel in Maoming Lu. They play bad music very loud.
- No breakfast, I had to leave for the airport at 6.15 am. It was raining. I have never seen Shanghai so empty!
- The taxi was fast - it took 38 minutes for 46.2 km from Ruijin to Pudong airport. It was rainig a lot - I wonder how the driver saw where she was driving. (by the way: female drivers are 100 times better than male ones here in China. Males are too aggressive.)
- It was nice to meet my brother. He looks just as earlier, but of course a bit tired after the flight. He is also too large for the seats in airliners.
- We wanted to take the the maglev-train, but the first train takes off only at 8.30 am. So, we had to take the bus.
- Breakfast (omelettes and beer) in Cafe Montmartre in Xiangyang. Nice, quiet.
- In Hanzhou, at home at 3 pm. So rest.
- We took some new material to the tailor. He will make some new trousers for me.
- Dinner at the Snake-restaurant with JyrkiInnanen, JariHassinen , HeikkiAhola, KirsiLagus , Tao Ping and my brother, Markku. The normal Sichuan dishes. The owner was there - we missed him.
- I continue reading "Life and death in Shanghai". I also got the new Harvard international review, which seems interesting.
Alun perin julkaistu koosteessa "Diaries 2003 Q1".
Kommentit