Seeing the Great Wall at Simatai with 23 other backbackers

  • Seeing the Great Wall at Simatai with 23 other backbackers. Fortunately the others went hiking. We took it in a lazy manner and took the cable car to the top. I was so afraid up there - I had to come back down really soon. But I went up the stairs faster than any hawkers. I am not scared to go up, if I go fast. Staying at the top and, especially, coming down is what is really terrifying. I am such a chicken, a sissy.
  • The Simatai Great wall is worth the fear. The wall is on very steep mountain range. I do not understand how anyone could attach over the range even without the wall.
  • It takes 4 hours to drive to Simatai (about 150 km...). We also saw some really dry countryside. It was really not that tempting place for planning a cycling trip.
  • Dinner at "Pizza Works" (39RMB and one can eat all the pizza etc and drink all the beer one can). Then to "Pass by bar", which is absolutely a world class backbacker place. It so nice to be there having some drinks, see all the people, look at the old hutong-houses, see all the books. I do recommend it to everyone. If I would like in Beijing, I would go there several times a week.


Alun perin julkaistu koosteessa "Diaries 2003 Q1".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki