I cycled to the office - it is so much fun, 23C and sun shining

  • I cycled to the office - it is so much fun, 23C and sun shining.
  • The local radio-shop in Porthaninkatu is the place to get electronics fixed. Really nice old men working there. Reasonable prices.
  • We received our things from China. It took exactly 2 months to get them. Now our home is full of boxes. We have no places to put all the things we now have. Too bad. At least we have to buy some new book-selves.
  • I got 3 new books today:
  • I got the www.iht.com Internation Herald Tribune for the first time delivered straight to my home. It is one day old, but still it relieves my anxiety - I feel more like member of the world community. www.helsinginsanomat.fi HS is so local - but I do subscribe to it too. Other magazines I substribe to are: Economist, New Internationalist, Harward International review, and maybe some other. I do not exactly remember. Anyway, the more one reads, the better persons one becomes.
  • We had the traditional "Tiistaitapaaminen" ("Tuesday meeting") in Sea Horse, which one of the best places to have a dinner in Helsinki. The food is really traditional and fresh etc. There were 11 friends this time - some came all the way from Joensuu.
    • Maybe some pints too much...


Alun perin julkaistu koosteessa "Diaries 2003 Q1".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki