I spent the morning as many others did by watching the Olympic…

  • I spent the morning as many others did by watching the Olympic Games at TV. Sport is rather entertaining and provides also an excellent excuse for not doing something more productive.
  • I decided to check how the poor people shop and walked to the Lidl-supermarket in Pasila. It takes 20 minutes one-way, so in case of acute poorness I can still managed. I did not find the shop good: most of the groceries were not so delicious looking. The shop itself was not very pleasant and the guards were intrusive and ugly. I assume I will never go to Lidl-again. Siwa and Valintatalo, which are near my home are good and cheap enough for me. And the shopping-hall and open-air markets are not far away either.
  • I played some pinball in Linnanmäki. I got 2 replays (6 total). Not bad.
  • In the evening, we were invited to Swedish-Finnish greyfish party at Tero Norkolas. The greyfish were good (Chinese) and all the drinks were too many, but somehow, with unhuman willpower, I managed to stay rather sober until 1 am. After that I let go and was a bit more drunk at home at 3 am. Nice party: 10 guest, one of which is a professor of biology and really civilized person. Other were not uncivilized either.


Alun perin julkaistu koosteessa "Diaries 2003 Q1".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki