Lecturing and sad people / MIT at 5th place in university ranking / Sushi again

Again, Friday. I wonder whether I should go to MaCondo after work. One or two pints could be fine. Anyway, I have to be at home at 6pm when somebody will deliver my new Internet connection (cable modem) to me. Life is hard: too many temptations.

Lecturing and sad people

I came to work before 9am since I had to give a lecture about some characteristics of good requirements. My lecture was more or less direct summary of an article in INCOSE-pages. Anyway, there were many other commuters in the railway station at 8.30am. I felt so sad looking at the men and women, who obviously have a dress code in their office and who just cannot find suits/dresses/etc which would suit them. They look so stiff, so unsure of themselves. So sad. I am sure that they have to be more serious and pretentious in the office than they would like to. They also must do their work busily, they never enough time to sit down and think deeply about the issues they are faced with. This is so sad: this hurry will yield substandard results, which in the end will not be so much of use for their employers either. But this is how the working life revolves today: too many meetings, too little time, too many power-point-slide shows without any content and intellect.

MIT at 5th place in university ranking

According to a study, MIT is the 5th best university in the world. The University of Helsinki is best in Finland but only 72nd in the world. It seems that I made a good decision to join the SDM@MIT. By the way, I will be in MIT (Boston) from 18th to 22nd of October. Really exciting to go there.

Sushi again

Olli invited us to their home. He was making sushi for the first time. He is a great cook and his sushi was delicious. We (us, them, Olli´s brother and his wife) were all very happy and at 1.30 am drunk enough. We took taxi home. It is always a pleasure to ride taxi.


Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs from September to October 2004".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki