MIT preparations, part N / Great service / USA,Brazil / Blogging round the world

Even though today is car free day, I did not cycle to work. Instead I took the bus. But other were even more arrogant and ignorant: the queue in the Turku-highway (coming to Helsinki) was not moving and was 3 kilometers long. So much for the freedom to go when and where one wants with one's private car.
It is raining, and it will be raining for the next few days: I have to take my Chinese CoreTex-clothes into use. I hope they are at least waterproof - I do not complain if they do not let vapours out.

MIT preparations, part N

The company I work for has now offered to pay 25% of the MIT's tuition, but only after I have graduated. Of course I accept the offer, but I wonder what they are thinking: the amount is less than an avarage contract bonus (money one gets when accepting a job) in US or in central-Europe. Well, when one pays below average, one cannot expect to get above avarage goods. And by paying only afterwards they do not help financing the studies now, which creates acute problems for me now.

Great service / USA,Brazil

I visited MrTravel again and I got even better service than last time. The clerk, Katarina, was really friendly and professional. She found even better flights than Nora on Saturday. I will now fly directly to Boston. I will also have 10 hours in Bogota, which is nice. Please send any ideas what to do in Bogota! The whole trip will be: Helsinki - Boston - New York - Bogota - Sao Paolo - Rio de Janeiro - Belem - Santarem - Sao Paolo - Bogota - New York - Helsinki. Excellent - a real adventure coming. It is already 3 months since my last adventures in China and Japan. Time to go, I would say.

Blogging round the world

Check NewsBlog by the Guardian. See also Bloggin on.


Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs from September to October 2004".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki