SPAM statistics / Depressing gadget / A new game / DVD vs TV
Kofi Annan says that the war in Iraq (attacking Iraq by USA and UK) is illegal and against the UN charter. Really? As if we did not know that earlier. Attacking is almost always against the international law and the concept of pre-emptive war by US is clearly nonsense. But who could sue the biggest guy of the block? In Britain, where there is still some accountability left, this statement of Annan is going to create headache for Blair and Straw (predicts The Guardian today).
No exercise today. I am totally wasted. I am afraid I have taken my get-fit-and-fast-project a bit too seriously once again. Weather would be OK for cycling: 13C, overcast, not too windy.
SPAM statistics
After 11 days of filtering my emails, the statistics are
Total number of emails: 567 Total number of SPAM: 215 Spam percentage: 37.9100 Total non-spam emails: 352 Of which personal email: 202 list email: 150 Total SPAM in kB: 602.995KB
which is quite bad, I would say. Using spamassasin really pays off. The statistics have been calculated from procmail.log and are not 100% accurate due to incomplete and developing .procmailrc. Some SPAM has passed through and gets counted as personal email. The most common SPAM-subjects have been
20 Subject: Buy cheap Viagra through us. 15 Subject: We sell regalis for an affordable price 14 Subject: E-postikorti! 13 Subject: Want to lose up to 19% weight. Try Adipren! 13 Subject: Get viagra for a great price. 13 Subject: Buy Regalis, also known as Superviagra or Cialis 10 Subject: Get great prices on medications 9 Subject: V1AGKRA 80% DISCOUNT !! 8 Subject: Get discount drugs without prescription 6 Subject: Get a longer member 5 Subject: The first NATURAL male enhancement product
where the number tells the number of occurrences.
Depressing gadget
I tried to connect my Zaurus to Internet via USB. I just cannot figure out how to do it and it makes me feels so stupid. I got infrared working, which is better than nothing. I think I have to ask for help but I have no idea where from. Or then I install the OpenZaurus kernel and applications. They look fancier than the original - they also seem to be easier to configure.
A new game
When I have some extra time (e.g. waiting for bus or tram) and no energy to read and no company to talk to, I often play the faces-and-ages-game. It is really simple: take a look at a young person and try to imagine how (s)he will look much older. Or take a look at an old person and imagine him/her as twenty-something. Take a quick look, do not stare (it is not polite in Finland) and use your intuition. Consider taking your glasses off, it helps intuition. The game helps you to develop your visual intuition.
DVD vs TV
It is more fun to watch movies from TV than from DVD: I cannot pause a TV movie, I must watch from the beginning to the end without extra breaks. This make me concentrate on the movie, not on books, newspapers or even blogging. I assume going to the movies would be even better. Blaa blaa.
Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs from September to October 2004".
Kommentit