Great food / Daily politics

I gave up cycling due to intolarable laziness and bought a 14-day busticket. The fastest way to travel from home to office is by metro and bus #205. It takes less than 30 minutes, which is really OK. Metro and train takes more, because this stupid office is not near the Leppävaara trainstation. Instead, we are near forests and highways, which are the most typical features of the collection of suburbs called Espoo. Espoo is not a place of civilized human beings, definitely not.
I am afraid this is the last nice day this fall. Sun shines, ro rain. I need to get out of the office: I must go the the forest for a short walk. There are ghost-houses with broken window panes, worn-out cars in the forest. And about 750 meters from the office there are the grain fields. So romantic...
I added the official email-rules. Obeying them will save your own time, not the speak of others. You will also get more friends, power, influence and happiness just like I have got. Trust me! Do not hold your breath, though.

Great food

I tried the traditional bourgeois food: maustekala (spicy fish or sprat with spicies), saaristolaisleipää (black bread), votka (vodka). Oh, it is delicious, almost divine. I need to get some more maustekala from the silakkamarkkinat.
We had a short evening walk (me and S). We walked to restaurant Carelia and reserved a table for four on Saturday. It is time to have "moules marinière". Another great dish.

Daily politics

A few days back I noticed that the ads of the green party were missing from metros and trams. I considered it quite peculiar. Now everything has changed: all trams and metros are full of ads of the greens. So, even though I do not see my friends in the real life, face-to-face, I can enjoy their beautiful/handsome faces when I travel in public transport. The only problem is that it is a little difficult to concentrate in books when all of them are watching. Anyway, the real problem is whom should I vote for. I have tried several election machines in the net and got different results. Let's wait and see.
I read a few newspapers, but I do not feel like discussing international politics today. I will just quote John Gray
It may well be true that we cannot cure the worst evils by political action: if an absurdity like the Iraq war cannot be prevented, what hope is there of governments eradicating hunger?
I will discuss Gray's arguments later after reading the whole book.


Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs from September to October 2004".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki