Science
Science
How can we replace paper based documents with electronic one in the international sale of goods? This gives rise to "Lex electronica" and is the topic of PhD thesis of Lauri Railas. I found the discussion really interesting and rather easy to follow (except for some abbreviations). It seems that there is rather lot philosophy behind the current ways of contracting etc and to replace them with electronic one may require some changes in the foundations. If I understood correctly, Lauri thinks that the ways do not need to much revisioning, but the trade laws should be global. I would like to read the dissertation, but its sheer lenght of 600 large pages with small print will prevent me from doing that.
Later in the evening, there was the karonkka, the Finnish-Russian traditional party. This time we were in restaurant Carousel (?) and had excellent food, good wine and even danced to the music by Oiling Boiling. I strictly obeyed "nemo saltat sobrium". Really fun.
Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs November 2004".
Kommentit