One month to go until Christmas
One month to go until Christmas. We already had 33 cm of snow here in Helsinki. I have many gifts, including the one of writing nonsense. Today was the second and last day of the systemic thinking course. I will miss the free breakfast, but not the course. The subject matter was more or less interesting, but the course material and its presentation was not what I had expected. I still cannot really get excited about system design process standards . First of all, I do not really believe in pre-defined process, even if they are tailorable. Second, I find the results of standards, or any comittee work, dubious. When doing state-of-the-art system design, one cannot start by making compromises. One must make enough compromises later on anyway. Furthermore, if someone does not respects the professional skills of somebody else, referring to set of standards does not make any difference. I do believe only in professional skills and passionate attitude towards systems architecting. Nothing less is enough.
Otherwise the day was, well, ordinary, but I have realized that ordinary days, not doing revolutions etc, are sometimes quite necessary. I have understood that I do have some limits, that my energy does exhaust after too much whatever. But I still think that my old motto "be always and in everything totally unreasonable" is good. When one tries to do too much everything, the result is more or less good balance. Or something like that.
Tomorrow I will leave for Venice for 6 days and will most likely be off-line.
Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs November 2004".
Kommentit