Renting a Ferrari in Finland / Dinner
Publishing a magazine is quite easy after one has published it for 5 years. One can publish the same stories every year, or if one has more ambition, one can have a set of 5 stories for each season and publish them in different years. For example, right now one must publish stories about Christmas (e.g. what kind of food to cook, what food makes one fat and how to avoid that, what presents to buy, how Christmas is too secular and families are broken and everyone drinks too much of hotwine), of the darkness outside and how it makes everyone sad or tired, but that it is OK to be sad. After Christmas, publishing dieting advice and stories is always OK. For this simplicity, I choose the magazines I read rather carefully.
But it is really dark now. And I do not like this season at all. Yesterday, I found myself looking for future jobs in Singapore. There are no seasons there at all: it is always the same sunny and rainy place.
Global soul is really a good book. The writer has Indian parents, was born and went to school in England (but his parents were living in California at the time) and has after that lived in USA, Japan, and Britain (at least) and travelled quite extensively (even in Bhutan and North Korea). He tells stories about airports, about not having a real home anywhere. I have just read some 60 pages. The books reminds me of the Tokyo does not love us anymore by XXX.
Renting a Ferrari in Finland
If I would not move to USA, I would join the Rental special car rental service. After paying some (unspecified) fee, one could rent a Ferrari for just 650 euros per day. The poorer ones can of course rent a lousy Camaro for 30 euros per day. Sounds too good. Maybe I will rent a Ferrari in Boston. But I only want to drive a Ferrari, because a Ferrari is so interesting in technical sense. Or then I am kidding or just lost it all.
Dinner
Julle and Mammu invited us over for a dinner and chat. And also to see their new, rather nice and well renovated, home in Kallio. I was afraid that I would get envious of the flat, but somehow I have been able to accept the fact that I seem to be "bohemian" or strange enough not to have own flat. But theirs is nice and I, of course, would like to have similar, but I just will not have. Anyway, Julle had cooked nice fish soup. Afterwards, we had icecream and various drinks. Suddenly, it was 2 am, and we were clever enough to leave. Again, one night with only 6 hours of sleep.
Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs December 2004".
Kommentit