Soldiers suing the government
I have problem: I really cannot spend my holiday days at home, doing nothing. I have heard that others can stay at home, do some small things, idle. I cannot. I need to get somewhere, preferably abroad, but getting to some other town could well also be enough. Strange, I am so restless, and I am afraid I am just getting more and more restless. Anyway, we will visit Paris, which should be quite enough even for me. I have not really visited Paris since 1997. I spent 4 hours there in May 2003, but it was raining and I only had shorts and T-shirt on and it was Sunday morning. Not fun!
Lazy day, I tried to idle at home, but got anxious. It was good mood to visit the Kela and file in some applications and also call the tax office and do some other byrocrazy things. I do hate them, it is better to be on bad mood already. I decided that I had earned something nice, and spent 2 euros by playing flipper in Tennispalatsi. Nice game, but a bit too hard for me today. No free games! Then some coffee in Cafe Ekberg (getting used to being not so young anymore). Etc, nothing much.
Soldiers suing the government
Some unfortunate soldiers have been told that they have to stay in Iraq longer than their contract states. Of course, this will not do and thus the soldiers have sued the government. Let's follow this story, it will be quite fun to hear/read what happens in the court. Another article asks, in rather polemical manner:
Did the Americans who reelected Bush know that the president who will admit to no mistake is locked on a course that will squander a half trillion dollars for no purpose other than to kill and wound between 36,290 and 73,205 U.S. troops, with "collateral damage" to Iraqi civilians ranging from 443,941 to 2,825,710 dead and wounded?
which I consider quite an essential question. It will be real fun to discuss these issues in Boston next year. Another interesting story to follow is what caused Yushchenko's illness. Or have they changed the whole person?
Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs December 2004".
Kommentit