Furniture has arrived / Robot competition / Testing the sofa
I am not anymore too nervous about MIT and studying. I managed to sleep 6.5 hours and surprisingly it was quite enough. Some nervousness is still there: my dreams would require serious parental advisory if they were movies. No need to take any hallusogenics.
I cannot button the upmost of my shirt. And I cannot figure out how to tie the tie. And I cannot see any reason to wear a tie either. Stupid traditionalism from some ancient French court. Americans should boycot ties for similar reasons as for calling French fries "freedom fries". Or something. I will never work for a company, in whose R&D one needs to wear suit and tie. In a pinch, I will establish my own company. This is as good reason as any, and better that establishing a company just to get rich.
Afternoon. 4 hours of developing games, team play, and, luckily a lunch. The games were quite similar to the games we had in Nokia in team development. I do not have any strong opinion on them, they are useful, I suppose, but sometimes one gets a bit fed up with games. Anyway, we had fun, and we will continue to gave fun by developing the small robot of ours. I try to convince others to keep it simple. But it is funny to notice that my brains still work - and I can figure out some parts of the solution in real-time. Nice.
Furniture has arrived
I came back from MIT at midnight and was pleased to find my new, rented furniture at my home. Not the place looks just like I wanted it to be. Excellent, now I have a home and can start to live here for earnest. I like this service!
Robot competition
Out robot has some rather basic skills already! It took a while for us to figure out how to program it etc, but now we are rather confident that we can get something that stays on board and may even be a nasty opponent to the other robots. And we had a lot of fun!
But I have not had any time to follow what is up in Iraq or elsewhere. I must order some magazines and read them on Sundays. Otherwise I will not be uptodate. Which would be untolerable.
Testing the sofa
I tested my new sofa by reading a few poems by Joseph Brodsky. Both sofa and the poems work well. Reading poems prevents nightmares. Try it. Or read at least this one:
I sit at my desk,
my life's grotesque.
I have a new writing desk.
Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs January 2005".
Kommentit