I have some preliminary results of the ongoing experiment on…

I have some preliminary results of the ongoing experiment on durability. Sleeping less than 7 hours per night is not enough for me. I have now tried it and the results are discouraging: my memory falters, my spoken English is poorer than ever (which may also have something to do with the facts that, first, Americans use simple spoken language (you know, like simple), and, second, that I have been talking with other foreigners a lot, and, third, that I have not had time to read any fiction or even decent newspapers, not to speak of poetry), and I cannot takie initiative in any endeavour. So, I have to start sleeping 8 hours pers night. That leaves me still at least 13 hours per day for studying, maybe even 14. I am quite convinced that very few of us can study more that 10 hours per day in the long run, where long is anything longer than a week.
So, I am tired, and need to take is easy. We had only one real class today. It was about system architecture. I may have said this before, but I am rather passionate about the topic. I will write my thesis about system archictures, lean product development and distributed systems, if nothing more interesting turns up. Then we had a short class about career services and job hunting. As I have quite much decided that I will not go back to Nokia, this class was quite useful. I am also considering not to leave MIT, but instead stay here and get a PhD. Who knows?
If you blog, be careful. Otherwise, you will be fired.


Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs January 2005".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki