It is cold outside

I went to my landlords office and applied some pressure on him. He promised to fix the window on Monday and even sent one guy to cover the window with a plastic sheet. It is not blowing in the wind so much anymore. The repair-man was nice, and also fixed my toilet seat, which broke down today. So, living in old house seems to have some disadvantages.
After 1.5 hours phone consultation, I got my own internet connection up and even the wireless works now. I will now leave my neighbors' networks in peace.

It is cold outside

It is also dangerous. The official warning reads as follows:
A DANGEROUS WINTER STORM WITH HEAVY SNOW AND STRONG WINDS WILL AFFECT
SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND TONIGHT INTO SUNDAY. ANY TRAVEL IS STRONGLY
DISCOURAGED TONIGHT. IF YOU LEAVE THE SAFETY OF BEING
INDOORS TONIGHT...YOU ARE PUTTING YOUR LIFE AT RISK.
I assume it is wiser to stay inside and try to study system architecting. At 7 pm, the showfall starts to be significant. I cannot see it from my studio, I have to walk down the stairs, when I want to check the situation.


Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs January 2005".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki