US starting a civil war in Iraq? / Nokia does not value world class education / MIT -…

After sleeping 12 hours I am now ready to do the rest of this weeks assignment. I will walk to MIT and meet my team mates there. It is going to be fun. We will work on System Architecture course assignments. And then I have to go to buy food food the next week. I also try to meet Milton and Mirja.

US starting a civil war in Iraq?

According to this article, the Pentagon is planning to send special forces to train to Iraqi Kurds to fight Sunnis. The reason is that US is losing the war against the insurgents/freedom fighter/ rebels/you-name-them. The only outcome I can think of is a large scale civil war in Iraq. The Arab countries/ organizations will not stand idle and let US train one part of Iraqis. The lack of creativity in Pentagon and in Rumsfeld mobs is quite astonishing.

Nokia does not value world class education

I just got to know, that Nokia has withdrawn its support for my studies in MIT. Previously, they promised to refund 25% percent of the tuition, if I graduate, return to Nokia, and stay there for 2 years. 25% of the tuition is $13500, which is more or less the average sign-up bonus for SDM-graduates. So, if I will return to Nokia after graduating from MIT, I will lose more than $10000 the first day. Go figure! And this all happens in a company, which has continous learning as one of its values, and which wants to be number one in its industry. Clearly, some complacency is taking over in Nokia.

MIT - time is precious

It has now become clear, that one has to learn to organize one's days in the most efficient manner possible. The amount of work this program requires is just astonishing. And energy too: one classmate of mine has already lost 1.5kg of his weight. I think I have lost even more. There simply not enough time to eat enough. Or is it just lack of time to drink beer? Anyway, I would not mind losing some 15 kg.


Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs January 2005".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki