Daily crono / Music
Daily crono
Waking up at 8am, rather tired, not enough sleep or too much fun. Chatting with S using Skype, walking to risk analysis class with Kumar, having lunch in the best Indian in Cambridge (Gandhi), writing a 3 page draft for our RFID-essay, listening to the Apollo-class (it is hard, too many acronyms, and too many cities, villages taken for granted, I am lost, my knowledge in US history and geography is too limited (but getting better)), some exercise and hair washing in the Z-center, walking back home, drafting my thesis proposal, writing preliminary ideas for the disruptive technologies essay, reading for tomorrow's classes, having a late dinner with Olli in Pho Pasteur and beer in the Lenox-hotel, again back home, blogging.
I decided to drop the "Entrepreneurship in Innovation"-class (aka "CEO class"), since it destroy my Wednesdays. Without it, I have free time for reading and writing after 3 pm, and I desperately need all the time I can have for managing the excessive workload I have voluntarily, but insanely, decided to take. The number of credits in the spring term will still be large enough, maybe 80 or so. So far, everything has turned out to be well. I (and our team) got A- in Human Side of Technology, I got full score in the 1st Optimization assignment, and a decent score in Apollo quiz. Lean studying rules
Music
I grew up listening to New Model Army and I seem to have adopted some attitudes from their music. They have a famously loyal following following the band everywhere. Now they are coming to Boston on the 6th of March, to the Middle East club. I will be there. What a happy coincidence.
It is surprising, how much the music one listens to as a teenager determines what kind of person one becomes. Or is it the other way around? I started by listening to punk: Crass, GBH, Discharge, Dead Kennedys, Ramones, Black Flag. I think my extreme need for freedom and autonomy has something to do with this. Later, I moved to New Model Army, Sonic Youth, REM, Limespiders, Husker Du, Eastern Dark, Residents, to name just a few. I think they have also left their marks on my personality. Now I will see New Model Army live in Boston (I last saw them in Stockholm in 1990), and I would definitely like to see Sonic Youth live in New York (I have never seem them live).
Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs February 2005".
Kommentit