Quite a day: classes from 8 am to 6 pm with only one 2 hours break
Quite a day: classes from 8 am to 6 pm with only one 2 hours break. But the classes are really interesting. See what Yoav has to say about them. I have not so much to add to his remarks. Except that I take the RFID-class, in which we will build a simple RFID-receiver and experiment with it. It will definitely be a lot of fun.
Classes are rather condensed, we cover lots of material in very short time. The assignments are interesting, and for the most part fun to do, but they will definetely require a lot of time. We also face some challenges since we all will be members of several groups, and finding common free timeslot will be hard.
Professor Utterback, who lectures on disruptive technologies will require us us read only books and articles, whose authors will give guest lectures. Nice principle, and gives us important opportunities to meet signicant persons.
I went to check out the gym of MIT. It is well equipped, clean and busy. I did not have any excercise, since it was already too late. But I will start to go there on Tuesdays and Saturdays, just to wash my hair. My shower here at home is of no use.
And now I should come up with an idea for a new product, which has less than 10 parts, can be prototypes with less than $1000, and which will have at least small business potential. It is hard for one who has been dealing with large system for the last years. But I think I will figure something out. Maybe I will just go to some hardware stores on Saturday and see what kinds of gadgets there are. Then all I have to do is to find an unsatisfied need, and write a short proposal. It should be possible. This is for the product development-course. For the disruptive technologies I need to figure out an emerging technology. All in one week, in addition to all kinds of other assignments etc. Well, no panic, just entertainment and creative thinking.
Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs February 2005".
Kommentit