Daily notes / New Model Army
Daily notes
Strange weather here. In the morning, +8C, almost calm, no rain. It the evening, blizzard: -8C, upto 20m/s wind gusts, and 1 inch show per hours. The whole city s[ht]opped. There is not enough salt to fight this. What a pity, everything is going to be nice and white for a few hours. I walked back from Kumar's and enjoyed it a lot. The sound of wind howling over the complex roofs of these old houses was beautiful.
Otherwise, a long day. We had RFID at 8am, and I got complimented by the professor: "There is one bright out there". I like this. There is no limit to my vanity. I came back home, slept a few hours, did some ERBA, and went back for the disruptive technologies class. This time we had group presentations, and they were interesting. Especially one about micropayment, that is payments of less than dollar or so, was interesting. In USA, there is going to be an industry for this, whereas in Finland we use normal online banking for this. The bank system here is at least 10 years behind Finland. Again back home, more ERBA, and then some more with Kumar, and later, again, some pleasant work with system optimization. Now, I would still have to read 100 pages for Apollo, and some for NGATS, but I will not. I will do that tomorrow. If then.
Yesterday, normal class, and then writing the marketing paper until 12pm. It is almost ready.
I have decided to get 7 hours of sleep tonight.
New Model Army
On Sunday evening, I went to see New Model Army live in the Middle East club. I went 1 hours earlier, sat in the bar and read some Apollo-papers. When I saw NMA live first time in Helsinki about 18 years (sic!) ago, I definitely did not read anything, but were just so exited. So, times are changing. The gig itself was nice, the band played well, even if the sound was not so clear. I liked the band more without the second guitarist and keyboards. Anyway, it was good. To my great surprise, I was most like below the average age of the audience. There were quite a few grey haired men standing, and some of them even dancing in the front. Overall, the crowd behaved like any crowd in any rock club. Some were dancing in the front, but the further back one look, the more immobile the audience was. In the back row, one could hardly see a nod. That's the way.
Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs March 2005".
Kommentit