Daily notes

Daily notes

It seems that in addition to needing one free day per week and 7-8 hours sleep per night, I need to stay up late once a week. Why? No idea, but I always find myself immersed into some hacking late Fridays, and just cannot stop before 4 am. Then I will sleep late, have a nice lunch, preferably in the small India restaurant opposite the music college, walk around, buy some records, take a nap, and finally, after 5 pm I am again able to work. This happens every week, so I think it is best not to try to avoid it.
I went to the Middle East club and bought tickets for the New Model Army show on Sunday. It is strange how much Back Bay and Cambridge differ from each other. Back bay is very quiet, posh, and almost European. Cambridge, around Central Square at least, is very American, post-industrial, with some income-impaired persons loitering etc. I like both areas, but somehow I think Back Bay is much better place for me now. And any place here is millions times better than Makoko.
I did some studying today. First, I wrote a little my marketing paper. It still requires 2.5 hours of work. Late in the night, I finalized our RFID-paper with Kumar. The paper is very good, we will certainly get an A. Speaking of grades, I got to know that some employers want to see the grades, and require more or less 5 out of 5 GPA. This has caused grade inflation. Stupid. And I will never work for any company, who is more interested in my GPA than in what I know, and what is my experience. If all companies ask for my GPA, I will just establish my own company. It is as simple as that. Same holds true with suits, and certain other things. I am quite picky when it comes to working environments.


Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs March 2005".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki