The ultimate "exercise while sitting"-product / Chicken harvester / Do not roll your…

The ultimate "exercise while sitting"-product

This is what we should have designed in out Product Development class. The Ultimate Webexercise video by always so nice Kittens. See also Punk Kittens and the hilarious Independent Woman, and also Angry Kittens, who are just like me when I am hungry!

Chicken harvester

Here is a rather neat machine. It must have been fun to design. And it is absolutely important. Check it out and remember to watch the video. Debugging the harvester, a cool task indeed.

Do not roll your own cigarettes

Since they look like joints. And since the war on drugs is still on, and all wars cause collateral damage, you may end up as bad or even worse as this guy, who got fired. Again another example how fear overrides freedom or ability of using brains.

MIT, Wifi, etc

I am working on a paper on how WiFi will disrupt the current telecom providers and manufacturers. It seems that they have already taken notice. One politician, who may have got some campaign support, has proposed bill to ban free Internet access. We have seen similar cases in the history, and they have always failed. Let's see. It is always funny to see these republicans, who are so much for competition and minimal government, passing bills in favor of monopolies etc.
Today was quite a normal Friday. First, air traffic policy seminar discussed the ways to present shareholder values and relationships. I enjoy the seminar so much, it combines engineering, policy, and management in a nice way. Second, we had the first meeting of SDM leadership committee. Every student must take part in one committee. That's it. Third, the marketing class on mass customization and user innovation toolkits. Interesting stuff, and very useful. Back home, some phone calls to Finland, then Thai-food for dinner, and later hacking ERBA etc with Kumar. Even later, or actually rather early on Saturday, I wrote the RFID policy paper. It was only 2 pages, but it was hard, as I am not used tosuch a style. Good writing exercise, anyway.

Around the world and beyond

There are some human right abuses and violation of the rule of law going on in Pakistan. And the local democracy there is also quite thin. I do hope Mr. Bush will take up some strict action and make things right, and make sure that the bad guys can ride but not hide. I will hold my breath, but only momentarily.
A new space race has started. According to the Guardian, the Japanese want to establish a moon base in 20 years.. The Chinese are not going to stand still and just watch. Also the American have plans, both for Moon and Mars. I am quite sure that the Indians will pick up their part in this global race soon too. I just hope that EU will stay out of this race - there are enough players already. And I would like to see some global co-operation. Or else we are going to see a war in the moon, soon. Furthermore, just investing some money in preventing AIDS in Africa, could have tens of millions of lives according to an article in BBC. I would say that saving 15 million humans would be a better propaganda stunt for any government/ideology than sending 15 humans to Moon. But I may be wrong.


Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs March 2005".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki