A talking head / Daily things / Some news

A talking head

NASA has designed and implemented a talking head. I wonder whether sending this talking head to Mars would fulfill the mission stated by Mr Bush. Rather interesting experiment. Especially the facial expressions are getting more and more natural. This was again a link copied from Boing Boing.

Daily things

Today was a bit lazy day. I went to Kumar's at 10.30 after working at home for some time. We did some work on system optimization and NGATS, and then headed for lunch to the Island Hopper-restaurant nearby. It is one of the best cheap places around here. Excellent food, and at lunch one get free soup and appetizer. Not a bad deal. Then some work on NGATS with Francis, and to the disruptive class to listen to Mark Meyer. He told us about market segments, the need of well architected systems etc. Interesting. Then again the PDD-class, this time with a decent lecture. It is great to listen to an interesting lecture, even though I had difficulties in staying awake, for some reason. Then 3 hours working on the prototype and we have now a new, better concept. Excellent. Back at home, after 9pm, I finalized the NGATS-paper. It has now 10 pages, which is quite enough at this stage and considering that I used some 5 hours in writing it. A decent speed.

Some news

Paul Hohnen urges us to declare a war on unsustainable development. He asks: If the threats outlined by the UN [Sixty per cent of the global ecosystem services examined are currently degraded or used unsustainably. Abrupt ecosystem collapses are increasingly likely] were posed by, say, a rogue state or a terrorist group, would we not be putting ourselves on a war footing, with all the focus, resources and determination demanded by such an urgent threat? A good question, which also makes me really wonder what I should do after this year. I should have some great engineering and management skills, and I could declare my own war, and start to do something. I just do not know what, but I think I will find it out. Maybe there is some NGO which could use my skills.

Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs April 2005".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki