Daily crono / Good things in USA, part 2

Daily crono

Today was a good day. I more or less worked from 9.30 to 24, but I have not been tired at all. Instead, I am full of energy, and can hardly wait for Sunday, when I will write an essay on air traffic systems and the coming higher prices of oil. That will be a fun 10 hours, just hilarious. I have so much good material, and the topic is one which allow more or less free style of writing. And not too academic, I hope.
Oh, we had a strange class today: I am not sure how much one learns by participating a class discussion on some Harvard Business School case. Maybe one learns, since otherwise all those hundreds of MBA pouring out of HBS would not have learnt anything. Based on their market value, they must learn something. Anyway, we had a case discussion, I even said something. And then the professor read his "lesson learned" from paper: it think that is total waste of time, since he could just give us the paper, and ask us to read it. He himself could add something to his paper. That would be better. Later, after reading a book about oil for 1.5 hours at home, I went to Kumar's and we wrote this week's care study write-ups. I got 85 and 86 out of 100 from the previous two, so I am quite confident now. See an example. The task is not hard, takes about 3 hours, and on the way one may even learn something. I am not sure, though, but I take it just as a very strange rule-based writing exercise. Writing is fun, and obeying some strict rules sometimes makes it even funnier.

Good things in USA, part 2

15. Taxis are cheap, and you never know what kind of persons, and from which country is driving the taxi. 16. WiFi is rather common and one can use laptop to surf the internet almost anywhere here in Back Bay. 17. Tivoli Audio equipment is cheap. 18. There is no need to watch TV here. 19. The National public radio in Boston broadcasts BBC world service, and it is also good by itself. 20. There are maybe 100 different types of cereals. 21. Mail is delivered on Saturdays. 22. Noam Chomsky lives here. 23. One can go and see off-off-Broadway theater. 24. The public transport is good, and almost free (in Boston, at least). 25. There are many alternative stores for each market segment, like food, records, hardware, camping, etc. Not just big shopping malls. 26. Liquor store are open quite late, if one needs something for stress of accidental celebration. 27. One can buy melatonin from any drug store. 28. One can rent furniture instead of buying it.

Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs April 2005".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki