Daily crono

Daily crono

I have written about this earlier, but I find the level of work and mental effort, that I have taken on me, quite funny. Especially, it creates a kind of roller-coaster feeling: at one moment I will be very happy and confident on my skills and that everything will go fine etc, and then after a very short period I will be rather the opposite. At that point, there is nothing more valuable, than a friend, who is the opposite phase. A friend can help me out from the deep periods of selfdoupt. Also, it is essential, that IP-calls are so cheap, since I can summon help from other continents, too: from S.
There is a book written about this by a man who studied in MIT some decades ago. I think I should read it. I have seen it in the MIT-press bookstore, but so far I have not bought it.
So, today, it was down, up, level, then total desperation, and finally a continuous high plateau. I realized, for example, that I can do most of the ERBA-assignments without looking at the slides, which is reassuring. Then our PDD-team made some significant progress: we even went to MIT sports medicine, and one persons there told that our product is "great" and "novel". So, we are going to press on, and make a prototype, and then concentrate in making the final presentation. It is only a class, but I think we may have taken it too seriously: or then I have blamed the class on issues not strictly of its fault. Anyway, I could figure more useful ways to spend my limited time.
An sociopsychological (how to spell) observation: when the professor lecturers, the level of attention is high. But when there is a guest lecturer lecturing, the level of attention is even higher. And there will be less students checking their newest emails or whatever. This is interesting. First I thought I have seen it earlier in the high school, but then I understood it was the opposite back them.
There is a new Chinese in the corner of Beacon and Mass Av. It is surprisingly authentic, and also cheap. One gets a decent lunch with a spring roll with less than $5. Dinners are $7 or so. And one can eat from decent plates, not from those terrible styrofoam containers, which one gets from the Chinese food trucks. This restaurant is very much worth visiting, especially to students. It is about 9 minutes walk from Mass 77, so it makes sense to go there even from the campus.
That's all for today. I have not read any magazines, and will not today. I will still read some book, and continue my nice dreams about being a professor in MIT, or just being able to stay in this kind of free and stimulating environment for a long time still. Going back to any larger company feels like getting a long jail-term. Not recommendable for free spirits.

Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs April 2005".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki