Daily crono / Strange things in USA, part 9

Daily crono

White flowerAbsentmindedness is on the rise. Yesterday, I forgot a meeting with Francis, and today he forgot a meeting with me. No harm done, we got the things sorted out without a meeting, and have now completed the team part of air traffic policy seminar. I just need to write the official 10-page paper to be all set. I will do that on Saturday.
I tried to write my technology strategy final exam during afternoon. I just could not. It really seems, that I cannot write during afternoon. I think I would do well by admitting this, and not even trying to write before 6pm. At least usually. Tomorrow, on Thursday, I have to write the exam, since today I spent my writing time in a bar. I only had 4 pints, but it took the motivation to write something that repetitive away.
In a bar, I was asked what I think about SDM@MIT after one semester. My honest answer (are there any other kinds of answers) was and still is: "Well, it is a good way to get in MIT". A bit expensive though, but money is meant to be spent. Spending them in MIT is not that bad an alternative. Actually, I cannot think of any better alternative.
There should be a naked guy in every presentation given in SDM. In the slides, at least.

Strange things in USA, part 9

Yellow leaves69. (in MIT): students using beach sandals. Even on not so warm days. 70. Buying a pick-up, not using the empty space, but putting an add-on crate for tools there. Would not buying a regular car be more practical? Or a van? 71. In restaurants: waiters insisting a single check per table. Only reason being, that customers are likely to give larger tip from one large check than several small. 72. The amount of drug-test advertisements in the subway.

Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs from May to June 2005".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki