Daily crono / Strange things in USA, part 11

Daily crono

I wrote the technology strategy final exam in the morning. I have never had less motivation to write anything, and it was hard. I managed to put down some 1500 words in 2.5 hours, and then I submitted it without even proofreading it. There has to be some limit in repeating the same thing. This is not gymnastics, this is academic work. Or at least I think so.
We had the final disruptive technologies class today. First, one group gave a presentation about RFID. It was a good presentation, but they clearly did not really know quite enough about the topic. But that is OK in this course, as it is not about technical details but larger picture of emerging industries. I have to say that Kevin is a good presenter - it would do good for him to sometimes say that he does not know instead of talking himself in the corner. In general, it seems that for many of us it us just too hard to acknowledge any ignorance. And still it is so much easier to acknowledge than just BS around it.
Later still: party at professor Mindell's place in Cambridge. He has a nice apartment, had nice food, and everyone turned up. Astronauts, professors, old people from Apollo-program etc. We had really good time. More later.

Strange things in USA, part 11

Hmm, I have just now run out of strange things. I promise some more tomorrow. or then not - I have to write a ten-page paper on air traffic systems and the price oil. It will require some serious improvising and hard work too. Let's see. Maybe the amount of work, or at least hours, people are willing to put in is today's strange thing after all. And the fact that the average working day in USA has got longer during the last 50 years. So, people are better off, but they have to use more of their valuable time for keeping up. I think that does not really make sense - it would more sense just to take it easier, but a smaller house, maybe just one car, and enjoy the only life each of us has.

Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs from May to June 2005".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki