Idling / Strange things in USA, part 5
Idling

This was an idle day, as I got so convinced of my abilities. I have no hurry, all the remaining work is just pure fun, and when work is going to be fun, I do not want to do it at once. Why should I use up all fun in a hurry? I have so much to say about space history, and I consider it such a fun. So, tomorrow I will have fun. I certainly could have taken at least 1 more course without any real difficulties.I took a long walk by the river (up and down, pacing like a gaged bear), while talking to S. Mobile telephony is a blessing. I saw a hawk, presumably a red tailed hawk, at least according to Mirja, and another bird with a long hair. According to Milton, after seeing birds with long hair, one should check one's medication. I will. Then, the (twice)weekly torment: washing hair. I just cannot understand, how the temperature of the water can vary at least 20C within a minute. It is such a waste of water and energy. But since I am not paying for it, and definitely could not pay for reconstructing the water system of this old house, I just continue to use it. Rest of the day: Lunch with Robbie and his wife in Island Hopper, sleeping, dinner in the Indian foodmarket with Kumar. Well, this is of no general interest. So I stop this now. This is just boring my precious readers, whom I seem to have between 60 to 100 daily.
In addition to attracting bums, I seem to attract dogs and squirrels. I do not really understand why all these creatures always come to me. I do not mind, but I cannot help being amused. If someone has an explanation, please use the fancy commenting feature to share it with me.
Strange things in USA, part 5

20. Popularity of jogging. 21. Females using spandex pants when running. It is rather unforgiving. 22. Non-smoking restaurants. (it is also good, but it is strange that the legislation has been possible) 23. "The war on drugs" vs the popularity of marihuana (based on personal observations in parks) 24. The fact that Massachusetts avenue between MIT and Central Square looks exactly like outskirts of New Delhi, India. 25. Firefighter's trucks having so many chromed gauges, valves, and meters. 26. People who are willing pay $4 per gallon of drinking water without complaining, but who are complaining when paying $2 per gallon of gasoline.Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs from May to June 2005".
Kommentit