S is here / Air traffic seminar - final presentation / Daily cronos / A poll - please…

S is here

Es gibt keines Stilleben noch mehr: S ist hier! And life got better, not least because I do not have to talk to myself so much anymore. Not that I would stop it.
At the airport, I was both reading the book about hypomania and observing people. I find airports, especially arrivals waiting hall, very anti-depressing. How could one be depressed when seeing the nervous waiting, all spontaneous, but also surprised, smiles, the hugging couples, women on their toes, tired children running to the long awaited parent. I should go there more often, not to meet anyone, just to read a book, and to gather some joy.
I do not understand why people complain about connections to the airport. I took the T from Park Street. It took only 20 minutes to the terminal E. We took taxi back to Back bay, $28, no queue to mention. So, the trick is to leave own car somewhere away from the airport.

Air traffic seminar - final presentation

On Friday, our seminar group gave its presentation to the JPDO-officials (?). I think it went quite well, at least everyone was pleased and polite. Of course, I think we could have done better, but I would think so even if the presentation would have been perfect. I always think so, no achievement satisfies me for more than 5 minutes. Anyway, the JDPO-guys were interested and gave some good comments: it seems that there are several plans of solving the current and coming problems with the air traffic system, but there is no way to implement the plans. This is surprising. I have to think about it.

Daily cronos

Friday, NGATS-seminar, back to home, sleeping, then to airport. Evening, dinner in Pho Pasteur, shopping in Trader Joe's, walking in Back Bay, just taking it easy. Today, late breakfast, shopping in Newbury Street, Downtown, Cambridge, lunch in the Bengali, listening to new records at home, again shopping in Newbury comics (a record by Jim White), few beers in Boston Beer works at Fenway, and then red wine at home, listening to music, discussing. Homely.

A poll - please fill in

Does the following description apply to me? Please, leave a comment. You may use a random alias, of course.
He is filled with an unusually hig degree of energy. He is restless and impatient. He is unusually active at work and other pursuits. He is quick-thinking. Thoughts race through his head and he jumps from idea to idea. He can be dictated. He talks fast. He talks a lot. And he aggressively dominated conversations. He sets goals that seems grandiose, yet appears supremely confident of success. He feels like a man of destiny - maybe even destined to change the world in some way. He is so excited about what he believer he will achieve that he elated or little high. Because his mood in infectious, his confidence and make him charismatic, persuasive and attractive. He can be charming, witty, gregarious and good at making people laugh. He dresses in a way to create an impression and get attention. On the other hand, minor obstacles or delays and easily irritate him, and his temper can be unpredictably explosive, He can be suspicious and hostile towards people he feels are thwarting his plans. He is impulsive. As soon an idea occurs to him, he urgently wants to act on it, without first thinking through the realistic consequences. He is a risk taker in general. He is a financial risk taker, often overspending in his business and personal life. He not infrequently works on little sleep, for example, rising early in the morning full of pep and working late at night.


Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs from May to June 2005".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki