Six important things. / Wisdom / Daily crono

Six important things.

  1. I cleaned my cave. It was so dusty, that I started to cough last night.
  2. I got a new futon.
  3. The spring semester is now over. 81 units!
  4. I have now 93 units, which is worth of 1.5 master's degrees.
  5. I have 5 courses and thesis left. It is a pity I cannot do all courses in summer.
  6. I have a bottle of Jack Daniels.
I am so tired. But I am also incredibly happy.

Wisdom

In Lisbon they say: "Do not run after any women or tram. There will always be another.". I agree on trams and most women, except one. I and Kumar have another saying: "Do not run after money. Do your best and money will run after you".

Daily crono

I woke up at 11am, had lunch with Kumar, came back, and spent the rest of the day writing the air traffic seminar paper. Now it is ready. It is not as good as it could be, but should be "good enough" for the purpose. The topic itself is fascinating and would make for a good master's thesis. Namely, how is the air traffic system going to adapt, if the price of oil increases significantly, maybe well over $100 per barrel. And how should we, the society, prepare us for the expensive oil. One could take even a bit larger scope, and look at the whole transportation system. It is going to change, and soon. The sooner we accept the change, and start to prepare for it, the better. This is a topic we should study in SDM@MIT, not any software system or how-to-get-rich-soon.
I have now used all my writing energy for today. While I gather new energy, read my essay (726 kB, pdf) if you are interested in air traffic and energy. I appreciate any commments on the essay, since I may continue to work on these issues later.

Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs from May to June 2005".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki