A coincidence / Resumes
A coincidence
I was having lunch with Kumar and Ashok in the Old American Buffet in the Watertown buffer. A man walks over to our table and asks: "Where are you guys having lunch tomorrow?" It turns out that the man had lunch at the same time with us in the Bengali restaurant yesterday. So, he was hoping (not) to meet us for lunch tomorrow. Smallish world.Resumes
We had a resume preparation workshop in the morning. I found out that my current resume violates all possible rules. I had to write a new one, which was as painful as I expected. I hope it does the trick if I ever need to apply for a job. I think jobs should apply for me, but I may be a bit too confident. Check the new resume.I heard that many employers use automatic scanning of resume. For this reason, it is important to include the right keyword in the resume. Using small font and white color one can put hundreds of fashionable keywords in the document header and footer, as one clever guy pointed out. So much for the usefulness of the automatic scanning...
Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs from May to June 2005".
Kommentit