Bicycling / Hell on earth

Bicycling

I got my new bike. Of course, I had to test it a little: an 1.5-hours ride around Boston proved the bike very solid and surprisingly agile. It was really hot: 32, sunny, heat index 37C (still 10C lower than in China 2003, so no problems).
Later, I cycled to SDM@MIT to do finance assignment with Dave. Fortunately, the real subject experts John and Matt were there too, and we got some free and valuable advice from them. Also Ilana and Gred were present, and everyone was faster than I was. What an experience.
I found a way to do all four courses in three or three and half days. It requires concentrated work for 12 hours or so daily. The rewards of success would be huge: I would have time for cycling and doing my thesis. I think my skills in lean studying are coming back to me. Great.

Hell on earth

When it comes to temperature, my cave is a hell on earth. In January, it froze over, but now it has melted again. The temperature is constantly over 30C (86F). Having fans helps a little, but doing any intellectual work is not too easy. To make things worse, the relative humidity is over 70%. Well, at least I do not have to apply any skin lotions; skin moisture is high all the time. Fortunately, diet Pepsi is just $0.25 per litre nowadays.

Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs from May to June 2005".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki