Daily crono

Daily crono

Lean studying rules. I had no hurry today. I slept until 9 am, went shopping with S, had lunch in the Chinatown Eatery, then visited the SDM-office, participated (quietly, until the TA asked me for some explanations of something I had never heard off) in the Finance class, met with Yoko Urano to discuss TPP, submitted my Systems Engineering homeworks etc, went to Miracle of Science with S for dinner and beer and came home. Yes, I could have been more productive, but what the heck. Having just 4 courses is so easy, no need to work daily. I really should start working on my thesis, now I am kind of wasting my time (not today, but in general) even though the grades my groups have got so far have been more than satisfactory, at least given the time we have used on the assignments.
Time is the only thing we should worry about: we have only rather limited amount of time before we are not anymore. Money, instead, is something one can always get enough and when needed: no need to worry.
Speaking of money. If I had a house with a mortgage to pay and I would have to work to pay the mortgage while studying in MIT, I would just sell my house (the prices have been rising lately, so I would make a profit), quit my job, complete my studies in one year, get a better job, and a nicer house. I would not try to work and study at the same time and use two years to complete my studies. But since I do not have a house nor any other significant property, I do not have to worry. I consider myself very lucky in this respect.
Oh, tomorrow we will again have the excellent Systems Engineering class. I can hardly wait.
Again some rules, with no possibility of interpretation: if one wants to get in the TPP-program, one has to take the GRE-test. No matter, that one just took the GMAT, and that one did 93-units (worth 1.5 master degrees) with decent GPA in less than 5 months. That does not prove, than one is capable of graduate studies in MIT. No way! I have never been in a country, where the rules are so holy, and everyone is so timid, and no bureaucrat has no authority to interpret the rules. I think doing otherwise would constitute a fire hazard.

Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs from May to June 2005".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki