How to handle 4 courses in less than 4 days? / Daily crono

How to handle 4 courses in less than 4 days?

I am taking four courses this semester. In addition, I would like to work on my thesis. Therefore, I have tried to be able to complete all assignments in at most 4 days. This would leave, in theory and with sufficient motivation, 3 days for working on the thesis. How can we accomplish this. The basic idea is work long days from Monday to Thursday and to use evenings to work on single courses. For example, we have finance class on Mondays and Wednesday until 4.30 pm. It is easily possible to complete the assignment (given a group with members of equal speed and experience) after the class in less than 5 hours. Similarly, it is quite possible to complete the System Dynamics homeworks in 2-3 2-hours sessions during the week, and to have 1st of the sessions right after the class, when the heat is on. Systems engineering is also easy: each week, either Monday or Wednesday evenings are free; the reading quizes take almost no time. This leaves operation management: its deadlines are at least two weeks apart, so just convening twice for at most 3 hours does the trick. This is how lean studying and good time management makes life easy (provided that the teams are excellent, as they are now thanks to Kumar, Marat, Dave, and Ashok.)

Daily crono

Yesterday, after laying blame at mr Bush's door, I took my bike for a ride. I cycled for 1.5 hours, and really regretted that I have not cycled more here. It is rather fun, and takes me to strange place (Boston is easy: it is impossible to get lost). Later, some shopping with Kumar, then reading textbooks at home until S returned from New York. It was a cause for a celebration in Sonsie-restaurant. Today, classes, and then working in the library. Now, I am busy with the newest Foreign Affairs, which run a coverstory about the coming flu pandemic.

Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs from May to June 2005".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki