Physical exercises / What is romantic? / Daily cronos
Physical exercises
I am making an experiment: how does regular, but not hard, physical exercise affect my studying efficiency. I think that exercise is good, makes me more alert and also will make me last longer in intellectual effort. The question is whether it takes more time that it provides efficiency. I do not know, but I will find out. (There is an argument claiming that jogging is waste of time: if one tries to live longer by jogging regularly, one ends up using more time on jogging that one gains in extra days. Which would be rather sad thing). Let's see.What is romantic?
I think romantic is studying together in a library with the loved one, then walking back home over the bridge, having some light dinner, and then doing some work together. This beats at least having overpriced dinners in pretentious restaurant, lying on beach, or taking some pre-arranged trip to somewhere. And definitely beats watching TV. But what would not?Daily cronos
On Monday we had the regular lectures on "Operation management" and "Financial and managerial accounting". Both of them were good and interesting. I am struggling quite a bit with finance; it is not something that is very natural form me to do. It is too detail oriented and makes me lose my attention quite fast. I will get better later. In the evening, I did the reading quiz for "Systems engineering" and also half of the homework. The homework is very easy, or at least I think so. Let's see what the professor/TA thinks about my answers. I do not care that much, I just want to learn and try to apply the new concepts and information on some things I was doing in Nokia. I also intend to start looking at energy systems: I am quite sure that I will end up working on them in not so distant future. By the way, I figured out how to use MATLAB for solving the problem concerning axiomatic design. I think the whole "Systems Engineering" homework is not taking more than 5 hours, which is rather good.Today, lecture on "Systems engineering". It was fun as always, mostly because of the various comments made by the students. The topic seems to be hard for many to grasp, but that is how Finance is for me. I am sure finance is trivial for most students.
Later, 40 minutes in the gym and then some decent fish and chips inn Gyros. Now, back to work: reading for the "System Dynamics"-class.
The class was good and useful. I just am getting tired with long classes: hard to sit down so long, especially on the MIT-chairs. They are too bad: MIT should use its co-operation with the Rhode Island School of design and get some decent chair designed and installed in the classroom. Or then I should eat some magic mushrooms and shrink.
Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs from May to June 2005".
Kommentit