Shopping / Finance and accounting & studies in general / Daily crono

Shopping

I decided, that I need some orange clothes. Wearing orange will make my mood much better, I can even become hilarious. So, I went to H&M and bought two pairs of orange shorts (or bermudas) and two orange T-shirts. I used to wear orange in the mid-1990s in Finland and I tend to remember that I was rather hilarious back then.

Finance and accounting & studies in general

We had an extra class on finance and accounting today. We discusses the ways to do accounting for extended warranties. The topic may not sound that interesting, but given professor Plasko's talents in teaching the topic and my increasing interest in the topic, it was pure fun. I consider finance and accounting as a complex system of rules together with some recommendations on their use. Having such a system of rules, it takes me a few lectures before I get my head around it (= learn the basics and develop some intuition). Now, that has happened. I think the accounting class is going the be really much fun! And helpful too, at least in the future.
This week was much better than the previous. We got almost all assignments done by Thursday night. It is good, since now I can relax, read some extra material for the courses, and also start doing research for me thesis. I borrowed a few books on measurement theory and Kolmogorov complexity. I try to make a thesis, which takes what we learn in SDM just as a starting point - there are many thesis which do not add anything to the already known. Such a thing is not for me.

Daily crono

S went to New York. I went shopping. Then studies. Then a lot of beer with Kumar and Marat. Then some food. Back at home I immersed myself in all kinds of reading: New York Times, Economist, books, internet. I was 6am before I felt the need to sleep. Strange.

Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs from May to June 2005".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki