Systems engineering / System dynamics / Wisdom from the leaders
Systems engineering
Nice session about the "House of Quality", which is also known as "Quality function Deployment". I have heard these terms so many times, and never really taken the time to get the point. Now, I was "forced" to use 2 hours on it. It seems a suitable way of organizing and coordinating customers and designers. Or something. Anyway, QFD was most hyped a while ago and seems to have survived the decrease of hype. So, there is something to it.About the lecture, and lectures in general: some issues and examples keep on arriving all the time. Maybe they are important. At least it shows, that I have been awake during some lectures and still remember something. Good! I am getting something for my money.
System dynamics
System dynamics has turned out to be serious stuff. Not hard, actually, but really time consuming. The current assignment has three parts. It took us (me, Kumar, and Ashok) 6 hours do complete the first two. But we learned a lot, and it was kind of fun to see how the simulation results depended on subtle changes in the parameters. I assume that the third part will take at most 3 more hours, which would mean that spending the nominal hours, all of them. It would be the first time after the RFID class that happens. Good, the more challenges, the more we get to know who really like the class and who just want to get an elective done. By the way, all non-SDM-specific courses are harder than any SDM-specific course. So, take your time with electives...Wisdom from the leaders
Vladimir Putin : "You should not praise a woman, otherwise you will spoil her". I disagree, of course, as always with authorities. George W. Bush: (approximately): "Since we invaded Iraq, Iraq has turned into an international breeding ground of terrorist. So, it was good we invaded it". I cannot even disagree, since one cannot disagree with something like this.Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs from May to June 2005".
Kommentit