Too hot to think / What is wrong with the courses? / The real fire-hazard

Too hot to think

It is too hot for getting a good night's sleep here in Boston. I definitely do not feel refreshed after tossing, turning, and sweating for 8 hours. I have to figure out some solution. I know that an AC would solve this problem, but buying an AC would create new, financial problems. And then I should solve them. I have no way to solve the financial problems, since I cannot work outside MIT (visa) and cannot get salary inside MIT (for being a research assistant) due to SDM being an profit center. If one wants to be an RA, one has to get into another program. Totally insane: one gets paid for taking more courses.
I think I will go cycling for an hour or so. Maybe some physical exercise will elevate both my physical condition and my mood. Or then not, but it is worth trying anyway.

What is wrong with the courses?

So far, I have disagreed with Yoav and others on the quality of the courses. Actually, I still disagree with them on the quality, but I start to feel, that the courses we are now taking are far too simple. There is not enough theoretical detail involved, the homeworks are easy but tedious, when it should be the other way: hard and quick to do. I cannot really get motivated with these things, so I have to start doing something else. I cannot really procrastinate any further, I have to start working on my thesis. So, let me start today, in the evening, by sending a few emails to some gurus. Or something.

The real fire-hazard

If I were given some gun (or a rocket launcher or anything which destroys fast moving objects), I would become the number one fire-hazard in Back Bay. I would shoot all the idiots, who need to ride their Harley-Davidson-motorcycles after midnight. I know, they do it for the same reason they also buy Hummers: they need to compensate for their minuscule penises. But I would show no mercy: I would shoot and destroy all of them. So much for my pacifism!

Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs from May to June 2005".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki